originally, this was just meant to be a summer blog, but I feel compelled to keep it going just as a way to express myself whenever I feel like it. As aformentioned, whenever I feel like it, which means, not too regularly, but I do hope it entertains and informs some people.

Friday, July 14, 2006

wow! a lot to say!

I've had internet access for a while now at my cousin's house in Thu Duc, but for some reason this site wasn't working. I got one post in though. Anyway, I'm in My Tho now and my cousin brought me to an internet place. It's not an internet cafe, just an internet place. Anyway, while I was in Thu Duc, I just made a bunch of posts and just saved them onto my email. Because this is so slow today, I'm gonna make one big post to save me time and trouble. So here it goes!


I SEE WHITE PEOPLE!!

omg, ok, so I'm in Saigon now, or as the commies call it Ho Chi Minh city. Anyway, there is like sooo many white people I can't believe these tourists. What are they here for? what makes them want to travel to vietnam. I've never heard of it. When you think travel everyone says stuff like Europe or like some tropical place. Not Vietnam. I assume most are Russian cuz if you're from a communist country, you get a discount going into another communist country. I even saw a russian store here! I also went to the market and heard some french tourists. I even saw one guy ride a Honda(what we call scooters or motercycles. Even if you drive a Vespa, we call it a Honda too) I'm like omg! if he can ride one in the streets of Saigon, I should be able to after a while, but doubt it. mom would never allow it. Traffic here is crazy. No rules, everyone goes everywhere. In other lanes and that kinda shit. And jaywalkers! omg! i'm so afraid of crossing hte street, I don't know how people jaywalk. The way I see it is that you cross half way and hope you make it the other half.

And oh! I saw two black guys riding a Honda too!! And then I saw a brown person too!!! Crazy stuff.

wonder of the day: why dont' they have Cadbury in the states? My uncle was giving away cadbury chocolates, and that just came to mind.

ARCHETECHTURE

It's so different here!! Marble is so cheap here, if you have money your house is full of it. It's so damn slippery though. It rained a bit at my uncle's house, I slipped and fell on my ass and back, it's bruised now. But anyway, houses here are tall, long and skinny and look like barbie doll houses with the deco on the outside. I haven't taken a picture yet, but I will. There was one house that looked so much like one, I want to take that one, but don't know if I'll go past it again. But the reason they're so tall is that the higher up you are the more cool it is. A lot of the houses are like colours of the rainbow. And they have crazy detailing too!! What is up with taht! why do you need that?! Put the money to better use! And it's weird too, you'll have one really nice house, and right next door is a ghetto shack made out of scrapes of wook and metal.


Speaking of ghetto, my mom lives in like the ghetto of Saigon that is called quandrant four. Omg iit's so ghetto.

JOLIE?!

What kind of name is that for a car?! It means pretty or sexy in french. Mitsubishi Jolie, wtf?! that's not powerfull or nothing! It's an SUV for gods sake!

PROPAGANDA HERE, PROPAGANDA THERE, PROPAGANDA EVERYWHERE!

Yup, that titles says it all. crappy painted posters of propaganda saying how great communism is. Radio stations for the whole block to here, and even a tv channel dedicated to showing how great the cops are, even though they aren't. And speaking of tv shows, all the viet ones all just have north speaking people, no south, cuz north controls all, they are the commies that brain wash everyone else.

BOOMERANG!!

Man, there's cable at my cousin's house and he gets the Cartoon Network and Boomerang! I could watch all day! I love Boomerang! It's part of Cartoon Network, but it's all retro shows like Mr. T, the Jetsons, Flinstones, The Centurians, and one of my favouites, Jonny Quest! Ba ha ha ha!

OMG! I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN!!!

I went to the beach with my whole family on my mom's side. Aunts, uncles, cousins, you name it, everyone went. and now I'm burned. Burned like... burnt toast? I can't think of a good similie. Ha ha ha. But I was in so much pain. I went to put on a shirt, I just turned my arm, I screamed in pain and started to cry, that's how much it did hurt. I took a picture so i can show all you guys later. I'm so red and dark now. Legs are the same though, my legs didn't burn or tan, though my thighs did!!! Back and sholders hurt the most! it was so hard to sleep. Now though, after a few days, i'm better, but my skin is nasty. it's all peeling and gross.


So those were the thoughts i wanted to share with you guys so far, I'm pretty sure there's more, but i don't remember right now. I'm having a lot of fun, but I do miss my friends and all. Enjoy my posts though!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you burned too!! i'm glad i'm not the only one haha i think we should take some sunscreen application lessons or something haha i went to the savage's today and lazed around the pool. now i'm red like a freakin' delicious cooked lobster haha how's that for a simile?

9:34 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww Jesssss thanks for the shout mannnnnn =) hahahhaha danng i miss you so much >< And leave it to you to remember, even though i havent seen you in forever...oh Jess. You always make my day =) haha dude from reading all your blog entries it sounds exactly like India! haha except for the barbie doll houses, but the shacks, and wall lizards, and COCKROACHES! i feel your pain man, i feel your pain. oh and most especially no toilet paper...i really feel your pain..well not especially right now since i have some nice fluffy soft toilet paper that feels oh so good on the..yes...well hahahhah well i hope your'e having funnn! i miss youu and i will read all your blogs! every day! i am working! so we go out when you are back and de-jetlagged and i am treating =D ok i should go to bed now, my maternal figure is yelling...lol pc out homie =)

11:32 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

12:18 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

3:28 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home